97% THRU-HIKER

It was really the right decision that I listened to my body and stopped walking for the last 70 km. The pain in my feet got less but after a little walk it got worse again. The diagnostic from different kind of people is shin splints and that means a lot of patience and rest. But what will you do if you have ants in your pants?
Deutsch Ein-/Ausblenden


When somebody would ask me if I joined  the army, I would say: “No, but I hiked Te Araroa in New Zealand.” This trail was the biggest challenge in my life. Physical and mental forces brought me sometimes close to the point to give up. But there were so many nice moments, lovely trail angels and very interesting people on the trail that made the day before forgetting. Day by day, month by month I put one foot in front (sometimes “against”) of the other and arrived at Mound Eden (Bluff for me) after 5 months.
Deutsch Ein-/Ausblenden


I want to say thank you to so many people who cared about me, helped me, accompanied me  and gave me advices for the entire journey. Sorry in advance because I think I will forget to mention some names. Thanks a lot to my family, my dad, Carola, Ronny, Eule, Torte, Ines, Micha, PJ, Eef, Patrick, Moses, Jeremiah, Kelsey, Caroline, Rod, Huw, Rebecca, Daniel, Paul, Dian, Gil, Red Bear, Jazz, Cody, Xavier, Andreas, Yannick, Vince, Marion (Maria :D), every TA hiker and every person who gave me a ride to town except the damn nazi at the beginning of the Southern Island. Special thanks to the trail angels Hilton, Melva, Matthew and Tracy. It was nice to meet you guys and it is very nice what you did for every single Te Araroa hiker.
Deutsch Ein-/Ausblenden

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images