Bluff - At the back of beyond (Am Arsch der Welt, am Arsch von Neuseeland)

The toilet was absolutely amazing. A very nice electronic voice welcomed me and let me understand that the door would be locked and I could start my business. After 3 minutes the voice said: “For a long time there were no movements in this room what means that the room is maybe empty.” I already could see the door slided open. “Please move around if someone is here otherwise the door will be unlocked.” Of course I moved around like crazy and it worked. The bathroom thanked me for the visit and I returned to my actual goal. Stirling point. The end of the Te Araroa.
Deutsch Ein-/Ausblenden

Happy!!!


That’s the end of the Te Araroa, but not the end of my journey. I took a seat next to the yellow sign and stared at it for a while. After 4 months and 2300 km by foot I reached it. Time to time some people came along and took some photos with the sign and disappeared just seconds later. I still sat there and admire that place and just a few people could understand me in this point. 
Deutsch Ein-/Ausblenden

Eule and Torte...


I talked to a nice couple from the Philippines and told them about my long travel from Auckland all the way down to Bluff. Do you need a ride to Invercargill was the last question from them and I accepted. I just took some more photos with my imaginary friends (Eule and Torte), put my belongings into the car and said goodbye to this long-awaited place named Bluff.
Deutsch Ein-/Ausblenden

...are with me at the end

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images